I had a user getting grey X’s when accessing a network share. I tried some of the standard fixes including trying to get to other mapped drives, the internet, logoff-logon. Nothing worked. I started searching and found this post from SevenForums. I tried it and it worked…
Reinitialize corrupt or incorrect netcache
To resolve this problem,
reinitialize the cache of offline files. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for
a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- Locate the following registry subkey, and then right-click it:
- Point to New, and then click Key.
- Type Parameters in the box.
- Right-click Parameters, point to New, and then click DWORD
- Type FormatDatabase, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click FormatDatabase, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.